About Dreams For Real
Our Mission is To Help People Uncover & Live Their Dreams at Work. Dreams For Real aims to help you achieve your life’s purpose by offering information products including books, seminars, newsletters and speeches that can be used as tools to make your career dreams a reality.
Some of Our Key Values:
- As long as you are breathing, you have a Dream hidden deep inside of you.
- You are unique. No one can copy your Dream.
- You don’t need fixing! You are fine just the way you are. You may just need someone to guide you to your own unique special gifts, which you will be able to share with the world.
- We respect the perspective of all of our participants.
- We believe people act in ways beneficial to them with the choices available to them at the time. At Dreams For Real we help people see more choices they have so they can choose better.
- We believe that life is a learning process and the key is to keep learning with baby steps.
Dreams for Real Inc. products are aimed at drawing out people’s hidden unique treasures. Concepts are based on real research. Techniques being used have proven success and are supported in private practice and medical psychotherapeutic literature. Dreams For Real Inc. founder is Samuel Gerstein. Click link below to learn about Sam.
Samuel Gersteinhas been working in the healthcare industry for over 25 years. He has witnessed the toll that stress can take on people’s lives.
He found an abundance of information about work stress and how many people are dissatisfied in their careers but little in the way of how to turn that around.
This motivated him to conduct his own independent research into the field of positive psychology. He wanted to find people who loved their work. He was curious to learn how they found it in the first place. He also was keenly interested to discover the positive effects of doing what you love had on their career enjoyment, health, relationships and overall life satisfaction.
This research took him to interview over 200 people in many different sectors of society – from agriculture to paleontology, from Main Street to Bay Street and from the financial district to the artist’s way.
He published 40 of the best stories in his book, “Live Your Dreams: Doctor’s Orders“.
He found many benefits of a Dream Career:
- Cut your work stress significantly
- Lessen your anxiety and depression risk
- Decrease your potential for burnout
- Lower your risk of chronic pain and headaches
- Significantly decrease your risk of heart disease, ulcers and high blood pressure among other serious illnesses
- Lower your need to drink or take other drugs to soothe your tensions
- Realize that your limitations were not about you; they were caused by you getting into a job that didn’t match your real talents, passions and purpose.
It will also:
- Add years to your life
- Give you a purpose and meaning
- Learn that everyone has marketable talents and understand your own
- Derive pleasure from doing what you love
- Get energized by your vocation
- Improve your other relationships
- Be happier
- Be healthier
- Feel more valued and fulfilled
- Feel like you are making more of a contribution to others
- Learn how to wake up your creative talented self that has been lying dormant within you for years
- Develop more confidence in yourself.
- Feel a sense of inner peace when you align your work with your true self
He started his company Dreams For Real, with the intent of helping other people not only dream about doing what you love but making it real – learning the tools to make it happen.
Sam Gerstein has facilitated workshops in both the U.S. and Canada. Sam Gerstein has used many of the techniques and lessons gleaned from the research and his psychotherapy practice to create the online program – “Discover Your Own Dream Career“.